Today on Double Teamed, Cami and Niki welcome Claire Louise Travers, the person behind Poly Pages - an academic non-monogamous podcast and platform, focused on the texts which have shaped polyamorous community and culture. She identifies as a solo-polyamorous relationship anarchist and is living life by the value of ruthless honesty.
If you’re a bookworm and into non-monogamy, then you’re in for a treat! Claire, being the academic researcher that she is, shares tons of book resources rich in insightful thoughts from authors who know the poly world. Of course, we begin with The Ethical Slut - a must read that is loaded with unconventional and witty comebacks on how non-monogamous relationships should and could work. We also talk about breakups, the relationship escalator, and queer + polyamory!
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:56 Check out Poly Pages podcast
- 02:47 Reading articles about non-monogamy from academic space
- 04:15 The Ethical Slut: the author’s view on sex and relationships
- 07:59 When you’re dating you’re constantly learning about yourself
- 08:45 The Polysecure book by Jessica Fern
- 14:38 Are you reading non-monogamous books with your partner?
- 20:14 The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- 21:17 Poly representations in reverse harem books
- 30:23 Book recommendations on non-monogamy
- 37:11 A narrow idea about what breakups look like for poly
- 44:20 Looking at friendships with a different lens
- 49:50 Kinky relationships are still a form of loving relationships
- 50:59 Sex doesn't have to be about one thing either
- 53:08 A lot of queer representation in polyamorous spaces
- 58:33 At my first sex party
- 01:01:20 Queer just means that you resist being civilized into a norm
- 01:06:50 Digital events for polyamorous and non-monogamous creators and followers
Follow Us on:
You can find Claire on: